Swapping a Vw diesel into your Samurai has many benefits.
1. Fuel injection to keep your engine from flooding when on steep inclines and angles
2. No ECU. Since pre 1998 vw diesel engines have a mechanical injection pump, there is no need for a computer. This means very little wiring and electronic issues to deal with.
3. Gobs of low end tourqe to crawl over any boulder. It also and allows you to get up to speed on the highway quickly and hold that speed going uphill.
4. Increased fuel mileage. Even though a 1.9l turbo diesel is larger and much more powerful, you can actually get much better fuel mileage. Some people have reported getting nearly 40 miles per gallon.
5. This a great way to turbo charge your Samurai with a factory designed turbo engine. A naturally aspirated engine that has a turbo added to it is not ideal. They tend to have higher compression, and head gaskets that are not designed for the positive pressure. Therefore not as reliable or efficient.
Putting a Diesel engine into a Suzuki can be overwhelming. Many people do not have the tools, space, or the time to to tackle this job. That's where Island Suzuki comes in to play.
If you want a diesel powerplant in your Suzuki but do not have the means necessary, I will take your Zuk and and transform it.
From start to finish, I'll help you get the right parts needed to do the job right. I'll guide you to find the proper VW engine.
Removing the gas pot engine and all unnecessary parts.
Modify everything that is needed to mate the trans to the engine.
Any maintenance needed on the donor engine.
Dropping the engine in.
All electrical that's required.
Bring your Suzuki to Island Samurai, and you will be burning oil on and off the trail in time.